Optimizing recruiting strategies for Walmart distribution center
Significantly reduced time to find and hire employees.
Implemented a benefits-oriented approach to all communications.
Positioned client distribution centers as most desirable employer.
Walmart is the largest retailer and private employer in the world, and a leader in corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. The retail giant struggled to locate applicants to meet its distribution center needs. Additional challenges included an increased e-commerce demand and the regional concentration of competitor fulfillment centers.
Our team evaluated the client’s existing approach. This helped us identify the ideal applicant profile and formulate a two-step recruiting strategy. It focused on filtering applicant demographics through rooftop mapping software. This approach enabled us to:
- Target applicants most likely to fill open positions in a long-term capacity.
- Increase applicant pipeline by using incentivized marketing.
- Employ a benefit-centered approach that used localized messaging of positions and event details.
- Combine our efforts with Walmart branded creative and corporate-approved content.
Our Authentic Marketing approach generated these transformative and sustainable results:
- Identified and appealed to applicants most likely to respond.
- Decreased total time investment and overall spend by distribution center human resources managers.
- Significantly reduced time to find and hire employees.
- Implemented a benefits-oriented approach to all communications.
- Positioned client distribution centers as more desirable employer compared to other local companies.